Diyojen'den :)

Spor, kultur, muzik, sanat gibi konulara odaklanmis forum.

Moderator: Staff

Kenan Atak

Diyojen'den :)

Post by Kenan Atak »

Sinisizm'in babasi, diger adi Mad Socrates. Okurken hem dusunduruyor hem gulduruyor. Özellikle ilk paragraf kopartti beni.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When asked how he would like to be buried, Diogenes replied 'face downwards', when asked why, he explained that the Macedonians were rising in power so rapidly that the world would shortly be turned upside down and he would then be the right way up. 

http://millionsofmouths.com/diogenes.html

Once, when watching an incompetent bowman at an archery contest, Diogenes walked over and sat down right next to the target, explaining that it was the only place where he felt safe.
When Diogenes noticed a prostitute's son throwing rocks at crowd, Diogenes said to him "Careful, son. Don't hit your father."
One day Diogenes shouted out for men, and when people collected, hit out at them with his stick, saying, "It was men I called for, not scoundrels."
Diogenes was particularly upset by extravagant and lavish interior decorations, and at one rich man's house, on finding himself surrounded by expensive carpets and sumptuous cushions, Diogenes spat in the owner's face, and then wiped it with his rough cloak and apologized, saying it was the only dirty place in the room he could find to spit.
After being banished from Sinope, Diogenes said, "The Sinopeans have condemned me to banishment; I condemn them to stay at home!"
When Lysias the druggist asked him if he believed in the gods," How can I help believing in them," said he, "when I see a god-forsaken wretch like you?"
He was asking alms of a bad-tempered man, who said, "Yes, if you can persuade me." "If I could have persuaded you," said Diogenes, "I would have persuaded you to hang yourself."
When some strangers expressed a wish to see Demosthenes, he stretched out his middle finger and said, "There goes the demagogue of Athens."
At a feast certain people kept throwing all the bones to Diogenes as they would to a dog. He played a dog's trick and urinated on them.
Diogenes Said:
"Of what use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings?"
When asked what wine he found most pleasant to drink, Diogenes replied, "That for which other people pay."
Diogenes was great at pouring scorn on his contemporaries. The school of Euclides he called bilious, and Plato's lectures a waste of time, the performances at the Dionysia great peep-shows for fools, and the demagogues the mob's lacqueys. He used to also say that when he saw physicians, philosophers and pilots at their work, he deemed man the most intelligent of all animals; but when again he saw interpreters of dreams and diviners and those who attended to them, or those who were puffed up with conceit of wealth, he thought no animal more silly. He would continually say that for the conduct of life we need right reason or a halter.
Regardless of his cynicism, Diogenes was loved by the Athenians. At all events, when a youngster broke up his tub, they gave the boy a flogging and presented Diogenes with another.
“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations