First Superstar

Forum Galatasaray Spor Kulubu ve Turk sporu hakkinda ayrintili haberler, yorum ve analizler, ogretici arastirmalar ve diger onemli spor olaylari hakkinda bilgi akisini saglamak, yazilanlari saglikli bir yapi cercevesinde dunyadaki butun Galatasarayli arkadaslar ve diger sporseverler ile paylasmak amaciyla kurulmustur.

Moderator: Staff

Mehmet Gurdal Cetin

First Superstar

Post by Mehmet Gurdal Cetin »

Johnny Haynes bir kazada hayatini kaybetmis

Tabi bizden cok oncelerde bir jenerasyonun adami.Ama ben ingiltere'de yasarken Guney Londra'da Fulham cevresinde oturan bir yasli pub arkadasimiz abiden coook dinledik hikayelerini.Zamaninin Beckham'i imis.Simdi hakkinda anlatilanlar tatli bir ani gibi.Yasayanlar icin elbet.

Haftada 100 pound kazaniyor diye gazeteler carsaf carsaf haber yapamis.Simdi 25.000-50.000 ler konusuluyor.

Bu yazida ismi gecen Jimmy(chin) Hill ve Jimmy Greaves felan da cok buyuk topculardi.Bende 60-70 lerde Spurs ve Chelsea video kasetleri vardi.Bu Jimmy Greaves harbiden leblebi gibi gol atarmis.

Neyse yine nostalji oldu..

Yazi asagida

The first superstar

Legend Haynes dies after crash

Who was Johnny Haynes?
Most of the current generation of supporters brought up on a cosmopolitan diet sprinkled with European and South American megastars would shrug their shoulders when asked the question.

Your granddad might have spoken in glowing terms of a slick-haired figure on a flickering piece of black and white film footage.

But it is arguable that football as we know it today would not exist had it not been for Haynes.

He was football's first superstar, who paved the path for today's players.

But he finished without a medal to his name because his name was a byword for loyalty. Tributes from some of his contemporaries paint the portrait of Johnny Haynes.

HAYNES THE PLAYER

"Forget David Beckham or Glenn Hoddle. Johnny Haynes was the best passer of the ball the game has ever seen."
Jimmy Greaves

"I got plenty of my goals thanks to Johnny."
Jimmy Greaves

"He was the best ball-to-foot player I ever saw. If you compared him to Pele you wouldn't go far wrong."
Former Fulham team-mate George Cohen

"England have been lacking a player of his calibre ever since."
Former Fulham player Alan Mullery

"I would have Johnny Haynes in my team every time, I've never seen a better passer of the ball. His passes were so often productive ones that led to goals."
Jimmy Hill, former Fulham team-mate and PFA chairman

HAYNES THE LOYAL ONE-CLUB MAN

"I know Bill Nicholson tried to get him for Spurs but his loyalty kept him at Fulham for 18 years and 594 games. Who can clock up a record like that nowadays?"
Alan Mullery
"He stayed with Fulham from a boy to the end of his career and was great for that club."
Jimmy Hill

HAYNES THE MOULD-BREAKING SUPERSTAR

"He was the first ever superstar footballer. He was the first to have a sponsored car and used to date film stars. We all looked at him with envy."
Alan Mullery
"When I got the wage limit scrapped all Johnny had to do was knock on the door and that's what he did."
Jimmy Hill

"Every player that plays football today should get down on their knees and thank Johnny Haynes. He was the guy who started it all."
Alan Mullery

HAYNES ON HIMSELF

"Football has been good to me, but then, I have been good to football."
"If I could earn a lot more money at another club I would have to think seriously about moving. But the bait of playing with a so-called fashionable club would not influence me."

"My future in professional football depended entirely on my skill and that never worried me in the slightest."

"When a ball is being played out of defence I would say I'm the first target for the man passing the ball. That may be because I shout the loudest."

"The papers called me 'the £100 per week footballer.' I saw no reason to contradict them."

"The revolution of 1961 will produce far-reaching changes in our national game and the full effect of which we haven't yet seen."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4355952.stm
TRUST GALATASARAY
MGC